The Ridley Fenix is about the closest you'll find to a "do-it-all" bike on the market. The Fenix is designed to deliver both comfort and performance to cyclists of all ability levels. Designed to tame the Pave of northern France and Flanders, the Fenix is the go to bike of choice for Pro Tour teams that need a bike that can withstand 160 miles of brutal cobbles without wearing out the riders.
The carbon fiber tubes on the Fenix are diamond shaped for strength and durability, while the geometry and taller headtube promise plenty of comfort and exceptionally stable handling. According to Ridley, the bike offers "comfort, stiffness, and strength in equal measure", but this is no take-it-easy weekend path and pavement bike. This is one of the toughest, race-ready bikes you'll find anywhere, with plenty of get-up and go. It also just happens to deliver an amazingly comfortable ride as well.
The full carbon fiber fork features a medium rake that gives the bike the ability to dive into turns without feeling twitchy or unstable. The carbon fiber arms and steerer help absorb road vibrations and smooth out the ride.
The Shimano 105 11-speed group on the CR2 delivers exceptional performance without breaking the bank. That's because 105 got a serious dose of trickle down technology from its Dura-Ace and Ultegra big brothers. 105 delivers unmatched rider ergonomics and performance, thanks to powerful, intuitive STI shifting that lets you downshift by one or two cogs with each shift in the rear, and powerful, front derailleur movement that makes going from the little to big ring a cinch.
Rounding out this impressive package is a build kit from Ridley's own 4Za brand. 4Za is in many ways unlike some other company's house brand component arms. The bike rolls on a set of durable and light Alex Race 28 clinchers laced to freehubs which delivers durable, lightweight performance and an easy, stable
- The Spring Classics bike of choice for the riders of Pro Tour teams
- Unique Ridley fit utilizes a traditional geometry and taller headtube, so you need fewer spacers, creating a stiffer, more stable frame
- 24-ton high mod, uni-directional carbon fiber construction is stiff and lightweight
- Distinctive diamond-shaped tubing makes the Fenix the strongest, toughest bike around
- 4Za monoque full carbon fiber fork, oversized headtube and PF30 bottom bracket help stiffen up the bike for improved performance