When Diamondback set out to build its dream trail bike, we knew it would take more than just a new suspension platform. They intended their new Release series would showcase the Level Link suspension design. The end result is the best-pedaling trail bikes Diamondback has ever made. The Release 2.0 starts with geometry that reflects the current state of mountain biking: stable at speed, quick in corners, and excellent on climbs. The Level Link configuration separates pedaling and trail inputs and makes the bike's 130mm of travel feel like much more.
Level Link is Diamondback's patent-pending short-bar four-link suspension platform. The system isolates horizontal pedaling forces and controls chain growth, increasing your pedaling efficiency. Go out and roll some single-track, gas it out of tight corners: You'll discover Level Link is fully responsive. You'll experience excellent bump compliance as the system soaks up small and large hits. Now climb, and you'll feel how the rear wheel stays planted for the kind of grip you need on long fire roads and punchy technical sections. In short, the Release 1.0 climbs like a cross-country machine without compromising its ability to attack the most aggressive lines. That's a lot of performance in one trail bike.
Diamondback's alloy frame features hydroformed tubes, a tapered headtube, and a stiff 148x12mm thru-axle rear end. With a 150mm RockShox Pike fork and wide handlebars, the front end is dialed in, enabling you to dive into tough sections with confidence. Diamnondback's new Blanchard tubeless wheels have a 28mm internal width, giving the 27.5" Schwalbe Hans Dampfs a serious trail-gripping profile. Braking duties are handled by SRAM DB5 hydraulic brakes with 180mm rotors front and rear.
The drivetrain is a mix of RaceFace and SRAM 1x11 components, letting you enjoy your ride without chain drops or noise. The Release 2.0 is designed to be ridden hard all day long.
- Diamondback hydroformed alloy frame, Level Link suspension and Rock Shox Pike RC fork with 150mm of travel.
- Raceface fect SL, 30T Narrow Wide Single Ring, Boost Compatible and SRAM GX type2.1, 11- speed drivetrain
- Diamondback Blanchard 28R, Tubeless Compatible rims and SRAM DB5 disc brakes, with 180mm rotors front and rear, provide solid, dependable performance.
- Schwalbe Hans Dampf 27.5x2.35" tires
- DB4L "Lock on" 135mm Kraton grips and WTB Volt Comp saddle keep you in touch and comfortable with your machine.