Zipp’s 303 Firecrest Tubeless wheels are designed for the real world—a world of imperfect conditions, varying road surfaces, and elements where the bottom line is simple: efficiency = speed. They’re faster, lighter, and more capable over varied terrain—whether the surface is pavement in all its conditions or no pavement at all.
Deeply rooted in Zipp’s drive to conquer the Spring Classics, the new 303 Firecrest is remade with a purpose-made approach for the demands of modern road bikes. When it comes to going fast on a bicycle, efficiency means reduced wind resistance, rolling resistance, rider fatigue, and weight. The 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake was designed using real-world direct measurements (vs. primarily wind tunnel or computer simulation). The results were huge. Its rim is slightly more bulbous in design than its predecessor, with a 32mm outside width, a 25mm internal width, and a 40mm rim depth. The profile provides low drag and an improved transition between rim and tire, boosting aero efficiency on the road. The wide rim stance also features less tire deflection for reduced rolling resistance. The combination of the wider tire, increased tire volume, and lower tire pressure helps to reduce rider fatigue by smoothing out the ride over imperfect pavement and road conditions—the tire and wheel system absorbs the shaking, not the rider.
The 303 Firecrest Tubeless wheels are for dedicated cyclists who aspire to the latest in technology. They’re for those who compete in races, against peers, or simply to conquer personal limits.
– New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
– Versatile endurance wheelset for the modern road bike with tubeless and hookless rim profile
– Lighter weight than its predecessor, making it nimble and fast
– Tubeless Made Easy, optimized tire bed sign allows for simple tool-free installation and removal with no need for an air compressor to seat the tire.
– Ultra-wide 25mm rim profile creates a better tire interface to be fast on or off the road
– 40mm rim depth makes a light and aero wheel in every situation
– Ships with 12mm end caps
– Center Lock rotor interface (lockring included)
|Rim||Carbon clincher, tubeless ready|
|Brake Compatibility||Disc brake (Center Lock)|
|Axle||100 x 12mm thru-axle|
|Hub||ZR1 Disc Brake|
|Spokes||CX-Ray – Black|
|Nipples||Sapim Secure-Loc aluminum|
|Inner Rim Width||25mm|
|100 x 12mm / Black / 700c||710845851179||00.1918.529.000|